Table of Contents
Chiropractic vs. Other Pain Relief Methods
The cost of any medical treatment may seem expensive at first glance, but when taking into consideration the present alternatives, chiropractic care can quickly become the most affordable option.
Often times patients with chronic pain turn to medication management or surgery to ease their pain. The problem with these approaches to pain relief is that they are potentially dangerous and they often times do not address the root cause of the problem at hand.
Fortunately, the basis of chiropractic care is using a variety of treatment methodologies to find and address the root cause of patients pain. Often times changes in movement paths, muscle strengthening and lifestyle adjustments is all that is needed to see a significant improvement in pain symptoms.
According to Charlotte Wellness Center, chiropractic services range from $30 – $200 per session. Prospective chiropractic patients need to keep in mind that each type of treatment that a chiropractor provides will vary in cost. For example, your initial consultation may be free, while a standard session may be $65.
There are many options when searching for chiropractic care without insurance. One of the benefits of fully out of pocket chiropractic care is that you are not limited to only seeing chiropractors that your insurance is in network with. This broadens your options for care, and can really help you find the perfect chiropractor that suites your specific needs.
Of course, if you are in the Lafayette, CO area South Pointe Physical Rehab provides the best chiropractic services in the area from our high end medical office.
What if I wish to use insurance for chiropractic care? Check out the below section to see what you need to consider when using your insurance provider for chiropractic care.
Chiropractic Care And Insurance
Fortunately for patients seeking chiropractic care, now days many chiropractors accept insurance. At South Pointe Chiropractic we accept most major forms of insurance, if you are curious about your provider please click here to see if we take your insurance for chiropractic care.
Chiropractic care may also be covered by specialty insurance providers such as medicare, medicaid, federal and military health plans. In the event of an on the job injury, workman’s compensation will often cover chiropractic care costs.
If you are looking to receive chiropractic care and want to use your insurance provider to cover the bill, it is recommended by True Spine Chiropractic that you first speak with your insurance provider and ask these following questions before going in for chiropractic treatment:
- Will chiropractic care fees be taken out of my deductible?
- Does my insurance cover any special tools such as braces, physical therapy equipment, or supportive pillows?
- Is there a limit to how many chiropractic visits are covered by my insurance plan?
- Are all parts of my potential chiropractic care covered by my insurance? Such as initial preliminary examination, imaging or other advanced diagnostics?
- Do copayment rules apply for chiropractic offices?
- Does my insurance policy only pay for a portion of the visit or does it cover the entire bill?
If you would like to find out more about potential questions to ask when looking for a chiropractor that takes your insurance, please check out this resource.
How much is a chiropractor out of pocket?
As mentioned in the article overview, the average price of chiropractic services range from $30-$200 depending on what kind of chiropractic treatment you are receiving. For standard chiropractic adjustments, the average is around $65 paying out of pocket without insurance.
Most non-insurance chiropractic practices will take cash, check, and credit card, but it is always good practice to call and ask about your preferred method of payment before scheduling your appointment.
Chiropractic Care Packages / Bundles
Many chiropractors that do no bill through insurance offer discounts for first time patients as well as pre paid treatment packs. These pre paid treatment packs give you a certain amount of adjustments for a fixed price, of course at a cheaper cost per session than if you were to pay for the chiropractic adjustments individually.
For example, chiropractors not in an integrated medical setting may offer “plans”. These plans allow patients to pay a monthly fee for a set amount of visits per month, including specific pricing for adults and children.
The Cost Of Advanced Chiropractic Technology
Depending on the individual patients needs, diagnosing and treating the condition may require more advanced chiropractic equipment.
According to DocShop, some of the equipment that may be used depending on the individual patients needs is:
- MRI Scanning: Depending on your chiropractors preliminary exam findings, and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scan may be recommended. These MRI scans are billable through insurance any typically cost between $100 – $400.
- Electrical Muscular Stimulation: Your chiropractor may use a technique that involves Dry Needling, which is a form of myofascial release. This form of treatment can be used in conjunction with an electrical current to target pain points and promote a natural positive healing response. Dry Needling treatment prices vary depending on the practice, but keep in mind that your chiropractor will need a specific dry needling certification in order to perform this treatment method.
- Radiography: When receiving chiropractic treatment you may be recommended the use of x-ray scans in order to fully examine your posture and spinal health. Many times these tests are performed at an initial evaluation to identify a starting point for your chiropractic cage. These x-rays cost from $45-$150 depending on the chiropractor and if you are using insurance.
- Diathermy: Diathermy is a specific subset of electromagnetic therapy that is used in a fashion that heats and relaxes tissues. If your chiropractor provides this treatment it may be included in a treatment plan or a separate billable item. The price for this can range from $10-$40.
- Thermography: This method can aide in chiropractic care by measuring the amount of heat and energy that your nerves and tissues give off. This is a popular substitute for patients who are not comfortable with x-rays due to radiation exposure. These tests can cost anywhere from $200-$500.
- Hydrotherapy: Depending on the individual patients needs, your chiropractor may recommend the use of specific temperature controlled water bathing devices. Exposing your bodies joint systems to cold and hot water can help stimulate healing, improve circulate and relieve pain points. Depending on patient goals and quality of the hydrotherapy services, these can range from $50-$500 in price.
Do I really need all of this expensive speciality chiropractic technology?
The answer is NO!
Please read the section below to find out why you should no expect to pay for these expensive and unnecessary chiropractic treatments.
South Pointe Difference
At South Pointe Physical Rehab all of our chiropractors practice evidence based chiropractic care. This means that they use only the most compelling evidence for any given diagnosis in conjunction with a strong understanding of the patients values, needs, and treatment preferences.
Many of the above mentioned “advanced chiropractic treatments” such as x-rays are sales tactics that are used on the first visit to try and sell patients on their expertise. We only use x-rays in specific cases after an evidence based evaluation deems that it is necessary. The only time we will use a method such as x-rays at a first visit is if the patient show signifiant signs of trauma or other red flags that can greatly effect their treatment.
Another advantage, is that we are a fully integrated multidisciplinary clinic that includes medical providers and physical therapy specialists. We have the knowledge and experience to find out the root cause of your pain and help reduce it, even if that means referring you to one of our other on location medical practices.
We also take most major insurance providers for ANY of our chiropractic specialties.